"A subtle and pleasant drink, the Pearlescent also happens to be quite easy on the eye." - David Wondrich
Yet another winner from his Killer Cocktails.
• 2.5 ounces vodka
• 2 teaspoons orgeat syrup
• 1 teaspoon Luxardo Maraschino liqueur
• lemon peel strip
Shake viciously (with the peel in the shaker) and serve in a chilled cocktail glass.
This one premixes like a dream and since it's got no citrus juice will keep fine in the fridge. Just stick the bottle next to the ice, shaker, lemons, and channel knife and let guests go to town with these instructions:
- Measure 3 ounces of the premixed cocktail into the shaker for each drink.
- Cut a fresh twist of lemon peel for each drink over the shaker & drop in.
- Add twice as much ice as liquid.
- Close the shaker tightly.
- Holding the base, with fingers over the lid, shake viciously.
- Take off the little cap and strain your drink into a chilled glass.
- Dump your ice & peels into the dump bucket.
- Enjoy your drink.