« November 2013 | Main | January 2014 »

social browsing 2013

This is an interlude of relaxation after the stockings, before our drive back home.

Photo by Mum Jinx.

Photo by Uncle Larry.

11591339765_090fc4b5b1_h Screen Shot 2014-03-20 at 12.02.26 PM

Posted on December 25, 2013 at 11:00 AM in friends & family, holidays | Permalink | Comments (0)

Winter familytime 2013

Having a marvelous relaxing time visiting with my family. My low-key background activity is adding photos into my blog from Flickr.

One that I haven't placed in time precisely enough to post, but which I love is this one of me and my dad Paul.
Larry asks:
Screen Shot 2013-12-24 at 5.50.05 PM

Posted on December 24, 2013 at 05:52 PM in friends & family | Permalink | Comments (0)

feasting with family 2013

Joe and I brought a small Wagyu beef roast to my parents' house. They prepared it, along with fresh crab, Hollandaise sauce, and broccoli for the four of us and my aunt and uncle to enjoy. Boy oh boy did we!
11536069434_f613b60342_h(Photo by my mum)

Posted on December 23, 2013 at 07:00 PM in Food and Drink, friends & family, holidays | Permalink | Comments (0)

Discardia is here again! 2013

Screen Shot 2014-08-12 at 11.53.08 AM

Posted on December 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM in Discardia | Permalink | Comments (0)

Family at the Christmas Revels 2013

And afterward, a feast at Yang Chow.

Photos by cousin C'Anna and our waiter.

Posted on December 14, 2013 at 01:00 PM in friends & family, holidays | Permalink | Comments (0)

Great publicity continues 2013

This one unfortunately is behind the Wall Street Journal's paywall, but it may go public after the print version comes out. Super pleased to have Kelly's great photo of the Apparent Sour illustrating the article!

Wall Street Journal: Book Review: A Good Year for Cocktail Books. The best guides from 2013 to the art of mixing drinks.

Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 11.05.31 AM

Posted on December 13, 2013 at 06:13 PM in Bibulo.us | Permalink | Comments (0)

Incredibly proud to be on this list! 2013

"At the beginning of 2012 we published a list of the top 20 cocktail books ever published. After two more years of reviewing books we think there are another ten books which deserve to be added to this list. These 'must-haves' will not only teach you the art of bartending but give you recipes to be inspired by and new movements that we think will drive forward the craft. We also welcome our first female authors to this list. They're listed in alphabetical order."

Diffords Guide: "Update: 30 cocktail books you need on your shelves"

Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 10.59.15 AM

Posted on December 13, 2013 at 06:11 PM in Bibulo.us, Books, writing | Permalink | Comments (0)

Great publicity lately! 2013

"Even serious cocktailers have to admit that it’s often hard to handle a whole night of it — especially as they get older. San Francisco writer Dinah Sanders has a whole book of solutions for this first-world problem in The Art of the Shim: Low-Alcohol Cocktails to Keep You Level. Her drinks bear no resemblance to the super-sweet, cranberry/grape mocktails that have been passed off as proper drinks in the past. Instead, this book provides an excellent collection of low-octane craft libations made with vermouths and other aperitifs to keep the tipsy down. This one’s a good pick for anybody who wants to ring in the New Year with a new philosophy, namely, 'More drink. Less drunk.'"

from "Books to drink up"

Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 10.57.41 AM

Posted on December 13, 2013 at 06:09 PM in Bibulo.us | Permalink | Comments (0)

Find your sense of self. 2013

Screen Shot 2014-08-12 at 11.51.45 AM

Posted on December 13, 2013 at 04:29 PM in Discardia | Permalink | Comments (0)

Except where otherwise noted all content is copyright 1965-2015 Dinah Sanders. Please do not repost my writing or other creations elsewhere. Instead, copy a tiny bit and link to the rest. Thanks! Images are copyright of their original creators. MetaGrrrl logo and photos by Dinah are copyright 1965-2015 Dinah Sanders. Inkspot Books and the Inkspot logo have been Service Marks of Dinah Sanders since 1993.